1. Who has influenced you as an artist?
As my art has changed over the years, I have had many different influences. Some of the artists that I return to throughout the years I’ve been making art are Andy Warhol, Martin Kippenberger, Sigmar Polke, Peter Doig and Kim Dorland
2. As an artist, what is the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Don’t go to art school
3. What’s next for you? (Shows, new work, collabs?)
Trying to make enough money from art to quit my day job. Working on a print with Don’t Walk/Walk Gallery in England.
4. Which current artist are you most excited about?
Too many to name.
5. Which is your favourite artwork you’ve created?
A painting I made last year called “no where to run”. It features my rendering of a “cursed image” photo of people wearing homemade Burt and Ernie costumes with a Tennessee Williams quote below the image. The quote is: “We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.”
6. Which is your favourite artwork of any artist?
“Charlene” by Robert Rauschenberg
7. Favourite artwork you own?
My wife made a painting of Post Malone and I am very fond of it.
Huge thank you to John Rogers for making the time for our Q&A. We’re excited to see what works you produce next!